Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Improvements

A few months ago I was flying with a captain that I generally disliked and the feelings were mutual. He thought I was a dumb lazy pilot and didn't like flying with me. I thought he was an ass, cheapskate and always in too much of a rush. Since then we have flown several more rotations together and I'm happy to report that we are now friends. It all started with a band named Dropkick Murphy's.

During the week that our plane had been damaged by the line service guys in RFD, the captain and I had plenty of time to get to know each other better. We spent the better part of the week in rental cars instead of airplanes. It just so happened that I had along a CD that a friend of mine had burned for me. It was my Irish drinking song CD that had a lot of tracks from Dropkick Murphy's. The captain and I had been sharing drinking stories when we got started talking about rugby and that I still play (whenever I get the chance, which lately is not very often). I mentioned that one of my rugby buddies made this CD for me and asked if he wanted to hear it. He said he did, so I played the CD. He loved it! We probably listened to it 10 times that week while driving all over the Midwest. After that he seemed to open up a bit and relax. We shared more stories and came to realize that he wasn't such an ass and I wasn't so dumb and lazy.

I recently flew with the guy last week and had a good time flying with him. It was enjoyable. Now I'm not dreading finding out I'm being paired up with him. Originally I would have classified him as being a 10%er, but now he's in the majority of cool guys to fly with. Just goes to show theres hope for almost anyone, including a dumb lazy FO such as myself ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home