Wednesday, February 28, 2007

More broken planes.

Yet again I find myself crewing a broken plane. But this time its different. Its not due to our aircrafts extreme old age or poor maintenance or any of the normal means of being broken. This time I can thank the line guys at Emory in RFD for dropping the plane on its tail while they were pulling it out of the hangar. Check out these pictures. As you can see, the tail stand didn't exactly do its job and must have slid out to the right because the top of the stand has been shoved into the fin at an angle. On the second picture you can see how the entire fin was wrinkled when it sat on the tail. Needless to say the Captain and I were pissed. We had a good trip that we were supposed to go on and with the plane being broke, we haven't done much of anything except reposition to another broken plane. Since leaving my house on Monday, I have spent only 1 hour flying, 8 hours in cars driving to airports, 3 hours on commercial flights and currently have no plane to fly. What fun.



In happier news, I got the chance to run into my brother while out flying last week. Doug has been in Little Rock, AR doing his photo flights. LIT happens to be one of our frequent fuel stops during our runs up and down the bible belt. So on a trip from OH to Mexico, we stopped in for some gas and I got the chance to spend a few minutes with Doug. Here he is goofing off in one of our planes. The next pic is one I snapped on the way down to LIT.


2 Comments:

Blogger Clint said...

Hey, great read and good pictures. Keep up the good work. I am adding a link to your page on mine at http://outer-marker.blogspot.com.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Great blog. I'm hoping to get to where you are someday. I just started my on blog and put a link to yours on it. http://roughneck2freightdog.blogspot.com come check it out!

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home