Friday, March 09, 2007

Slow week

So in my earlier post I was optimistic that I was going to have a good week flying and I'd be out making some $$. Well, this week didn't work out as well as I'd hoped. Turns out I sat in Tampa for 4 days before I got a trip. Then once I got a trip, take a wild guess what happened.....wait for it......wait for it..........you are never gunna guess........plane broke! We get airborne and as soon as the gear is in the wheel well, I go to turn on the Yaw Damper and nothing happened. I press the button again, nothing happened. We have a secondary damper, so I engaged that one and informed the captain about what was going on. It was a real bummer because we had a great trip planned that would have really racked up the miles. We took a look in the MEL book to see if we could write it up and continue the trip, but as luck would have it, it was a no-go item. So we landed at our planned fuel stop in Baton Rouge and downed the plane, trip cancelled. In the last 2 weeks, I've flown a total of 6 hours and spent 240 hours or 10 days away from my family. Needless to say, I'm not a very happy camper right about now. But on the plus side, I was stuck in Tampa. I got to go to the beach and enjoy some nice weather. I finally made it down to the stadium where my #2 favorite football team the Buccaneers play and I'm paired up with a guy I like hanging out with, so all in all, could be worse. Here's a couple pics of the stadium. I got a kick out of the Missile statement.




Here is a view from the ramp using my handy dandy zoom function of my camera. If someone knows what kind of jet that is in the picture, let me know. I couldn't figure it out.



Here is a pic of the very busy ramp over at Raytheon in TPA. The ACC basketball tournament was going on that weekend, hence it was a very busy place to be. The North Carolina Tar Heels were staying at our hotel. Its been a while since I've seen so many tall people walking around.



Snapped this one over the Florida panhandle on the way to Baton Rouge.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, the unidentified jet sure looks like a sabreliner to me. Were you looking for more specific than that?

By the way, this is my first comment here. I have been enjoying you blog for a while, keep up the good work!

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must be hard being away from your family.

But what a life!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Windsor said...

It sort of looks like a Sabre, but the front windows look like they are out of a Beech 1900 or a King Air, not a Sabre.

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home