Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Reserve

A little over a year ago when the decision was made to leave my former company, I had a simple understanding of what my life was going to be like at the airline. It was understood that if I became a Captain quickly, in all reality, I would not hold a line for a very long time. This will be the case for my entire stay at my current airline. I will never hold a line. That being said, I knew what I was getting into before I left, so I cannot complain about it.

Sitting reserve here at the airline is still leaps and bounds better than at my former company. For the most part, trips are put into my schedule ahead of time. Only once has crew scheduling called and given me a 90 minute show time. Due to the ability to commute, it is very rare that I need to commute in a day early or out a day late. I am even able to modify my reserve periods so that I can get ready reserve on the first day of a rotation and a.m reserve on the last day. Every once in a while I'll get lucky and get a hi-speed the day before my last day of the rotation. This way, I get an extra day off because I can catch the morning flight home and spend an extra day at home. Anytime I can spend more time at home is a mega bonus.

1 Comments:

Blogger JAFP said...

It sounds like reserve over there isn't as abusive as someplaces.

It sounds like you're getting some good family time. I know moving to base has certainly increased quality of life for my family and I.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home