Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Calm before the storm???

Life is good. There really isn't anything to complain about right now. Sure there's stuff on the horizon that is vexing, but for the time being, all is well. Being TDY'd (assigned to a base other than my domicile) for the month is working out great. The company foots the bill for a hotel room and pay's per diem for the whole month. When the schedule came out, originally I had 17 days off and 86 block hours. In addition to that, nearly every weekend off, plus I was home for Jack b-day for the first time since he was born!! I managed to pick up a few trips for other F.O's and brought my flight time up to 99:22 still with 14 days off. All the extra flying plus the per diem will make for a livable paycheck for once. We can use it. Next month I have to go back to sitting reserve, but its only for part of the month. I'll be heading to upgrade class at the end of the month, so that cuts into the days I have to work. Crew planning was nice enough to work with me on my May schedule and gave me Late Ready Reserve on the start of my rotations and A.M reserve on the last days. Pretty excellent considering I can stay at home all day on day one, catch the 18:00 flight and still arrive in time to start my late ready rsv. Then on the last day, rsv ends at 18:00, so I can catch the 18:50 flight home. Pretty commutable if you ask me.
So is this the calm before the storm? Good times now, turbulence ahead? Possibly, but for now, I'm just going to enjoy my time with my family, my time left in the right seat and having such a cool job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home