Sunday, December 30, 2007

Completing the sweep

Yesterday I started a 4 day trip that will officially have me finishing out the year on the road. In 2007 I will have missed every single major holiday due to work. Easter, 4th of July, Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve all away from the family. Just to start off the new year on the right track, I'll be spending new years day on the road as well (just a hint of sarcasm there). 2007 was a wash as far as holidays go, hopefully 2008 will be a little better.

2007 was a good year. Got married, got a better job, watched the Squirt grow into a little boy. Life around the house has improved significantly now that I'm home more. My Ameriscare days had turned me into a sullen beast of a pilot that had me spending too much time complaining and enough time appreciating the good things in life. Being home a soft 6 days a month really took its toll. Now I'm home closer to 12-15 days a month and I think its really made a change at home. Although 2007 did not start off very well at all with the loss of my friend Dan Hughes and his F/O Terry Patty down in Mexico, the year progressively got better as it went along. Hopefully the upward trend will continue in 2008.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey,
There but for the grace of God go I.
108 days away from home-12 days back, and missing my little 6 year old daughter like mad-may have 16 days back home, they can take their tours, simulator, operational checks and shove it-family comes first. Can somebody tell me how I feed them ?

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home