Monday, October 22, 2007

Flying again






Life is good. I'm spending more time at home. More time with the family and less time on the road. Cant argue with that. The new office is growing on me and the more time I spend in the cockpit, the more comfortable it becomes. The FMS is becoming second nature. The FCP (flight control panel) is no longer just a bunch of buttons, it has become a useful tool to make the flight as smooth and efficient as possible. And I'm gettin a hang of how things operate at the new company. Looks like I'll be sitting reserve until at least December, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be. I usually know about trips ahead of time and am learning how to "massage" the system to get the most flight hours in while spending the least amount of time at base. Just like with my old company, I try to avoid being at base like the plague. I snapped a few pictures the other day. Its still pretty impressive to see a Big Red 74-4 (747-400) taxi out in front of us and then start its take off roll on the way to the Orient. Never used to see that with the old company.







Bus Butt

A good view of a few of the Finger Lakes in N.Y.



The office. Taken around the same time as the pictures above.




In another post, I'll go over some of the stuff you can see in the pics of the new office.

1 Comments:

Blogger JAFP said...

Gee, I think I might recognize the ED2, PFD & MFD in your photo;) I like the hanger for the t/o data.

It sounds like you're happy with your new job. I bet reserve isn't so bad when you live in domicile. Congrats.

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home