Thursday, September 13, 2007

Type rating #3

Ahhhhhhh. It feels good to be done. All this studying, all this time away from home, just for one thing, to pass the dreaded checkride. Its like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I can finally relax a bit. It feels great to have passed the checkride and become an official employee and airline pilot, but the greatest thing about passing, is now I can go home!!!!!!!! That was my primary motivation to keep me going and keep me focused. All I really cared about was finishing as fast as I could so I could go home. If the training schedule was left to my sadistic thought process, I would have gone to class 7 days a week, gone straight into Goofus sessions, done the sim's on consecutive days with no days off and had the checkride tacked on immediately after finishing sim training. That alone would have dropped 3 weeks off. But thats just me.



Personally I think my training here was pretty good. I was lucky enough to pick a sim partner that has more time flying the CRJ than I have total time. He was lucky that he didn't get stuck with a rookie to jets. It worked out good for the both of us. Our sim instructors were top notch! Both Matt and Mike were honest, fair and extremely knowledgeable. Their instruction was invaluable when it came to the checkride. Both my sim partner and I were prepped and ready for anything the examiner threw at us.

I stopped by the training center yesterday and officially got my 3rd type rating added to my license. It feels good to be done, but will feel even better when I get home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home