Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pitter Patter

There are some things in life that just put a smile on your face. It doesnt matter how bad your day is going, if you think one little thought, it'll put that smile right back on your face. The other morning, I had something happen that's been putting a smile on my face for a few weeks.

The wife and I run our "divorced" schedule as we call it. I typically work 3-4 days trips over the weekend to maximize the time the kids are at home. Erin has an 8-5 job, so she has to get up early in the morning to get to work. With our current living conditions, Micah's crib is in our room. When Erin gets up in the morning to go to work, she will put Micah in bed with me. Usually he is awake and wants to play, but this one particular morning, we both stayed peacefully at sleep. I didnt even know he was in bed with me. It was when Micah woke up and decided it was play time that I had my smile moment. I was dead asleep on my stomach somewhere in dreamland when I felt a little pitter patter on my left shoulder. Micah had woken up and decided to wake me up. He didnt cry, didnt make any noise, just rolled over and woke me up by tapping me on the shoulder. I rolled over and saw a his big smile and bright blue eyes just begging me to wake up and play. I cannot think of a better way to wake up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home