Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Made it

The Caddy is a sweet ride. Normally after driving for 6 hours, I'm sick of being in a car. The Caddy seems to be the exception. I drove it from western NY to YIP yesterday and was very comfortable the entire ride. I had thoughts of driving on through to WI, but a call from crew scheduling put a stop to that. I was pleasantly surprised that the car made the trip with no problems and good gas mileage!! I didn't think a V-8 was going to get 25mpg, let alone a 17 year old V-8 that hasn't been driven or tuned up in god only knows how long. The rust was as bad as my uncle said, but I determined that it was road worthy enough to make the trip. The mechanic that my uncle brought the car to wanted to replace a bunch of rusted stuff, but I don't feel its necessary at this time. The car has made its last long trip and is going to be my crashpad car for the rest of its life. All it needs to do now is get me from my crashpad to the airport once in a while. With the new schedule change, I'm never in YIP anymore (Yeah!). Big thanks go out to Uncle Joe and Grandma! I love the car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home