Friday, October 27, 2006

Nashville

Well as I previously guessed, we sat on a broken plane all week. Wed. we sat around and waited for a ferry permit to come so we could reposition the plane to a maintenance base that is about 100 miles from here. Well the powers that be decided that they would have a local mechanic look at the plane right here in Nashville to try and save the company the cost of repositioning the aircraft. So we wasted a day in the hotel, when we could have been out seeing the sights. Thursday, we were determined not to waste ourselves away in the hotel and we decided to get a rental car so we could go check out the town. With as many times as I've flown in and out of here, I had never stepped foot outside of the FBO before. Any time I've flown in here, its just been quick fuel stops or freight pick ups.

Nashville was a pretty nice city. The downtown area looked like it would support an entertaining nightlife with plenty of bars offering live music and good food. Its too bad that we didn't get the chance to experience the city at night. Besides the Tennessee Titans and the music scene, Nashville is also famous for having the Grand Old Opry. While we didn't get the chance to see the actual Opry itself, we did make it over to the mall in the Opry complex. The mall was quite large, had lots of cool stores and fun things to do. If I had a little more coin in my pocket, the Nascar simulator looked like a blast and blacklight mini-golf would have been fun as well. But seeing as how I was limited on funds, I decided to head to the movies. I ended up seeing the new Clint Eastwood movie, Flags of Our Fathers. It was an excellent movie with a great storyline and spectacular special effects. The battle scenes were on par with Saving Private Ryan, if not better. For a WWII buff like myself, it was a great way to spend an afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home