Friday, August 18, 2006

More doom and gloom.

Ford Motor Company announced a deep cut in production for the rest of the year. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060819/ap_on_bi_ge/ford_production_cuts
The trickle down effect will hit my company hard and fast. If the people quitting from the new schedule don't cover enough cost savings, I'm guessing furloughs and lay off's by the end of the
year. I think its going to be a "wait and see" situation. This also puts me in a difficult position as far as what do I want to do with my career. If offered a captain position, do I take the upgrade and sign my life away for another 18 months? Or do I say no, pass on the PIC Turbine time and get another job? I'll have a lot of hard questions to ask myself and my family if and when that time comes. At this point, who knows what's going to happen?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home