Sunday, May 21, 2006

I.O.E

My IOE has been quite an experience. Its been a baptism by fire. I've gotten the chance to see several different aspects of how my company operates and learned a great deal from the guys I'm flying with. I had many firsts on this trip. My first time dealing with dispatch, first time airlinin' out to meet a plane, first time to see an "abnormal" event (aircraft did not pressurize), first time I had to divert for a maintenance issue, first time into DTW*see note*, first time having to overnight and first and last time I'll ever stay at the Airport Inn in CYHM, what a dump. I've learned a lot from the guys I'm flying with. This trip has shown me lots of new things. I'm learning a lot and having a blast doing it.

DTW, an interesting thought. At 10:30am I was sitting in the back of a UAL 737 on taxiway M waiting for takeoff. By 2:30am I was in the exact same position on taxiway M, only this time I was in the cockpit of a Falcon 20 taxiing over to customs. My job brought me full circle that day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home