Thursday, May 24, 2007

A really good month

So far May has been a great month for flying and making some much needed $$. Thanks to the cool schedule change, I got to spend the first week of the month at home with the fam and then got to do 5 and 2's for the rest of the month. What I mean by 5 and 2's is I work from Monday-Friday and I'm usually home by late Friday night. I don't mind 5 and 2's, but it was the dreaded 12 and 2's from the old sked that I hated. But with the new sked, I can bid a line for what days I want off. Seeing as how I'm high up of the seniority list for FO's, I usually get my first choice of lines. By choice this week, I'm working a 12 and 2. I could have had last weekend off, but instead I decided to work my days off in exchange for double my daily salary. With the expenses of Squirts surgery quickly approaching, we can use the extra money. In addition to the extra money for days off worked, I'm finally making some real good money in mileage. I'm not going to get into specifics about how much I'm making, but if I were to make this kind of money year round, it would be on par with Captain pay at most regional airlines. Its too bad this kind of money doesn't come around regularly (but it soon might). Anyways its back to sleep for me. I'm sure I'll have another trip waiting for me when my required rest is up and I again go green.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home